
Our adventure began in December when Chase was accepted to his first choice for dental school, THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!

On July 20th, we packed up all of our things in a trailer and set off for Ohio. We were lucky to have both of our parents make the drive with us. My parents drove my car and Chase's parents drove their motorhome and pulled the trailer. I wish I could say we made it without any problems... but I can't. The very first day, my car started having issues. My parents were following us and all the sudden we couldn't see them anymore. We kind of started to panic and tried calling them several times, but then there they were behind us again. Then I got a strange call from my mom asking me if my car had ever just "shut off" while I was driving. This happened 5 times when the car would lose power and my dad would put in neutral and start it up again! All while driving on the freeway! Needless to say, we spend several hours at Checker (everything else was closed) and finally got it fixed.
Then a little later that day, a tornado (or large dust devil) almost threw the motorhome and trailor off the road and down into a deep median. The rest of us watching were just sick but thanks to Chase's Dad's great driving and alittle extra they stayed on the road.
To top it all off, that night there were no hotel rooms available anywhere in the state of Wyomming due to their celebration of Frontier Days. So we slept in our cars in a Wal-Mart parking lot! Best night's sleep ever!

We finally arrived and this is our house! I love having space and a place for everyting! (I just wish it was in Salt Lake :) Too bad our garage is still full of crap so there's no room for our cars.
There was a lot of work to be done before we were happy with the house. The previous owner really liked color (purple, blue, yellow and green) so we for sure had to paint. Chase also wanted new base boards and crown and he tiled the entry way and the kitchen. There was also a lot of wall paper to remove and I couldn't have done it without my mom and Vicky helping. We have been really busy!

My dad painting. Goodbye purple!

Chase tiling the kitchen. Watch out Bob Vila!
No comments:
Post a Comment