Chase had an eventful day yesterday doing yard work. He came to show us a frog he found buried in the dirt and some kittens hiding in our plant. Mason was excited about the frog and wanted to keep it in a box to show his friend later that night. Unfortunately a few hours later he came in from the garage and said the frog was "sleeping" on its back! Poor thing was probably way too hot.
When we pulled back a branch I saw these cute little faces looking back at me!
They were very friendly and curious and came right out. The kids (and me) loved petting them. There were 4 and they were pretty darn adorable! I had no idea what to do with them so I called my neighbor that has rescued a bunch of cats. She thought they were about 3-4 weeks old and very healthy. It made me so sad that they were there when we had some big rain storms, in the heat, and on the hard rocks! My neighbor gave me some options of what I could do with them. I knew I wasn't prepared to bring them in the house until I found homes for them so we put out some food for the mama to keep her there and I kept checking on them. First thing this morning I was so excited to go peek at them and they were gone! I guess the mama didn't like that we found her hiding spot so she probably moved them. I miss them but it was also kind of nice to not have to worry about them anymore.




No comments:
Post a Comment