Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Welcome, Baby Girl!

One last picture of her on the inside...

We went in for a scheduled c-section bright and early on October 15th. It was really weird knowing exactly when we would meet this little girl! After being asked about a million questions, getting an IV and almost bleeding to death because the new nurse didn't know what she was doing, we headed to the OR. I was really surprised by how fast I was numb. They gave me the injection and hurried to get me laying down and my toes were already tinging. But before they started I started having bad chest pain and I felt like I couldn't breath. I told the anesthesiologist as soon as I saw her and she said she would give me some medicine for it and it got better almost immediately. I guess I didn't remember a lot of what happened last time because I wasn't nervous at all until they started cutting. It's all worth it when I got to see her cute face over the curtain! The first thing I said to Chase was 'she looks like Mason.'

Hello Brinley Lu!
Chase got to cut some of the cord because they left it too long. Things were different this time having her in the morning instead of late at night. Mason was whisked away and came back with everything done. Chase was there for everything this time and got to help with her first bath.

The official weight was 9 lbs! I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure since she was a week early and a girl that she wouldn't be so big. I was guessing she would be barely 8 lbs. We like big babies!!


My first time holding her after what seemed like forever! My doctor took a long time sewing me up (they couldn't find a needle when they were counting everything but someone finally found it on the floor, thank goodness!) and then I had to stay in recovery for an hour. Brinley's blood sugar was a little low so they gave her some formula and kept her in the nursery to watch it for awhile. She was a good eater and latched right on!

Meeting Mason! Mason gave her a little pat and said hi to her! He was so funny, he was really concerned about the bandaid on her foot and one time when she cried it scared him so bad he started crying! But when they were leaving, Mason blew her a kiss and said bye without anyone telling him too! It was so sweet!

First family of four picture!

My parents with their grandchildren. I am so lucky they could come help out with Mason. He loves them so much, he didn't miss me at all! Mason's holding his new truck from Brinley. He didn't understand and didn't care but he loved the new toy!

Aunt Tara! She helped so much with Mason. I didn't change one of his diapers while they were here. I joked that Mason didn't think I was his mom anymore. I think Mason went to the park at least 3 times a day. They were best buddies!

Just hanging out!

I had to include this picture because Chase put the headband on her! He has been overwhelmed about having a girl because of all the accessories but it looks like he has it down already!

The going home outfit!
I am so glad that I was released after 2 days! I don't love being in the hospital. My favorite day is when I'm not hooked up to anything, no IV, no catheter and no compression shoes!

Ready to go! This is it for pictures since I walked out of the hospital. When we got home we left Brinley in her car seat since she was asleep and we heard Mason asking her if she wanted a banana! We had a good laugh!

I'm so grateful that everything went well and that we have a healthy baby to join our family! We just love her to pieces!

7 comments:

Tanya said...

raquel! congratualations on a beautiful healthy girl. so so pretty! we like big babies too. they aren't to fragile like most newborns. and they fit into regular clothes right away instead of everything looking super huge on. two day stay after a c-section! you're a hero. good for you.

Allison said...

She is so adorable! I can't wait to see her!I'm so glad that everything went smoothly. :)

Bart and Krista said...

She's adorable. Congratulations! Love big babies! Glad everything went well and hope that two kiddos is treating you well. If not--- no worries... it WILL get much better!

Dehner Family said...

Oh my heck - she is sooo cute!! I love the name too! Nice work. Raquel, you look awesome for just having a baby. Congrats.

~Tara said...

I'm SO glad I was able to be there!!!! It was so much fun and I'm glad I could help out with Mason!!! I miss you guys so much already!!!

Matt & Katie said...

She is so beautiful! I love the name too! Hope you are recovering well and getting some sleep! We miss you guys

Harada's said...

Congrats Raquel! Wish you were here so I could hold your beautiful baby girl! I love her name SO MUCH!! Glad everything went well and hope your getting a little rest. You have to most beautiful family. =) xoxoxoxo