Brinley is a really good baby! She only cries when she's hungry and occasionally when she's tired. She can really cry though and she goes from sound asleep to screaming really fast! She's started sleeping for a 4 hour stretch once a night now which helps so much. She will take a binky but just like Mason, when she's had enough it gets ejected. I'm so glad she'll take a bottle too. I think I take it for granted because I'm used to my kids taking whatever we put in their mouths but I really hate nursing in public. She's really content when she's awake even in the night. She'll just lay there and make cute noise until she falls asleep. Love her!!

The outfit daddy picked out.

She actually looks like she's smiling a lot. Sometimes in her sleep and sometimes when you rub her cheeks.

She really likes her swing! I could tell she would when we were still in the hospital because Chase could calm her down by bouncing her and keeping her moving. We have to watch her because she's within reach of Mason. He can be really sweet and he can be not so sweet. One day when he was coloring he was left alone for one minute and when we came back, there were colored pencils all over Brinley. I just hope they were put there lovingly instead of thrown!
She has a good amount of hair. I can comb it up in a mohawk right on top.
Mason likes to hold her and rub her hair.
These 2 weeks flew by! It was a little crazy, definitely exhausting but a lot of fun too because we love visitors! I couldn't have survived without my family's help. The doctor that did my c-section told me not to lift Mason for 6-8 weeks! I about died when she said that, she's obviously not a mom! Another doctor that came to check on me told me not to for at least a week and try for two. I think I made it 10 days without lifting him too much. They cooked and cleaned and helped a lot!
I love this picture! Tara is such a cute aunt!
So we recently found out that we have to plant a different kind of grass for winter. My dad worked so hard for days getting it done! Who knows when Chase would have had time. My mom helped with the messy part.
Whatever is in that soil was really stinky!
Mason got to go to Home Depot with Grandpa a few times for supplies and he loved it!
After my family left, Mason was having a hard time without all the attention and getting used to having Brinley around. So Chase took him to the store to get a train set and he hasn't stopped playing with it! After being alone for a few days, Chase's parents came!
I wanted to do something festive with Mason so we headed to a pumpkin patch nearby. I didn't have very high expectations and I knew it wouldn't compare to the ones in Ohio but Mason had fun! It's still weird to me that's it's 2 days before Halloween and 90 degrees!
He saw goats, ducks, sheep, piglets and chickens.
Feeding the cow.
Walking up the huge hill of dirt with his buddies. Grandma and Grandpa learned about Mason's hatred of sun in his eyes so they got him the cute hat to help him!
Mason was so funny in the maze. He kept stopping and reaching for Chase to lift him over hay bales. He wanted to take the shortcut!

Almost there!
Playing in a tunnel.
He found the perfect pumpkin!
Family pose! Mason wouldn't take the hat off!
Mason could have played on this tractor all day!
Thanks for coming, Grandmas and Grandpas!
6 comments:
Oh, fun!! Mason is such a cutie!!! I miss you guys!! Sounds like you had a TON of fun with Chase's parents!!! :)
P.S. cute family picture and I LOVE all the pictures of Brinley!! My boss said she has really good skin!!! And, don't rub it in that it's 90 degrees still. I'm SO jealous!!!
So cute! I love these pics! And I'm with Tara... I am so jealous of your warm weather!
No surprise she is beautiful! Mason cracks me up, I love him. Miss you guys and am so excited to see Brinley in person.
I am loving all the pictures of Brinley, I am counting down the days until I get to hold her. I am so glad that you had so much family come and help. Mason makes me laugh and I love the hat. Give both those babies big hugs & kisses from me!!!
Love all your pictures good for you I am such a bad blogger now. I have all the pics I just can't find time to put it all down. I don't like to look at these cause it makes me sad and miss you guys more :( but she is a doll and I can't believe how much she looks like Mason. Hopefully things are going well, let's skype soon!! You look awesome don't even look like you just had a baby!!
Post a Comment