Saturday, February 28, 2015

Phoenix Half

Dave and Vicky were so nice to come for the weekend to watch the kids so we could run the half marathon.  We had lots of fun with them.  We took walks and played at the park, went shopping, ate a lot, made s'mores and we even drug them house hunting with us. (We need all the help we can get!)

 We had pasta the night before the race and Mason was making me laugh with half the loaf of bread that was for the table to share!

 We woke up at 4:00 am to get on the buses to the start line at 5:00.  There was a traffic jam and we were late but thankfully the buses didn't leave us.  It was a cold morning so we hung out under heaters waiting.

 Lining up in the dark.

It was so much fun running and especially running together.  I didn't really care about listening to music so Chase didn't either.  We were talking and making fun of people the whole way.  We laughed when we saw old men ahead of us.  There were two girls talking with their earphones in so they were yelling to each other.  They were having a conversation about water and all the sudden we hear, "do I have chocolate on my face?"  I don't know why it was so funny but I almost tripped from laughing.  There was a live band at one of the drink stations playing Hang on Sloopy so Chase inserted his O-H-I-O as we ran by.  I felt like Teagan drinking from a cup when I was trying to drink and run and most ended up on my face and shirt.  The weather was perfect, cool and overcast.  At the finish line we saw a young boy that had been near us several times and Chase said we couldn't let him beat us.  We ran hard but we were beat by a 12 year old.  That hurt a little bit!

 Our official time was 2:17 so we know what to beat next time!  We were slow but steady and never stopped, just slowed down for drinks/food.


We weren't too sore afterward.  My knees were sore which was weird because they never hurt while I was running. Chase got a big blister behind his toes but he pushed through.  I probably would have quit if that were me!

 Thanks for talking me into doing this, Chase!  I'm so proud of us!
Thanks Vicky and Dave!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you guys are amazing. It is great that you were able to do this together too!