Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Friday night, some of us dental wives went to Disney's Lion King on Broadway! Most of our husbands went to Michigan for the Utah game on Saturday, so it was only fair. It was so much fun! We went to dinner first and the show was AMAZING! All the costumes were so real and the scenery was so cool! I love Broadway plays and I'm already scoping out the other ones I want to see.

The girls: Amanda, Rachel, Megan, Molly, and me
Sherri, Jami, and Ashley


We couldn't take pictures inside so these will have to do. They did such a good job!



We also finished the basement on Monday just in the nick of time. Everything looks so good, Chase did a wonderful job! Boxer likes playing down there and yes, he's wearing a shirt. He got a hair cut and he's been cold!

The almost finished project, minus a few door knobs and outlets.


Looking more like a preschool. My make-shift table, a door on top of boxes. It works for now.




Today was the first day of preschool and I LOVED it! The kids are so cute and so smart. I love hanging out with kids all day. This is Emelie, Kaysen, Garrett, Jacob, and Noah. We read books, sang songs, had treats, learned about letter A, and made an alligator paper bag puppet. I hope they had as much fun as I did!

14 comments:

Perry's said...

Yay for Lion King (that was so fun) and for cute Boxer and for your job, glad you had a good first day and you are finally doing something you love!! I referenced your blog on mine since you were smart to put pics of the costumes on there, hope that's ok!

~Tara said...

For FUN!!! I'm so glad you were able to see the Lion King! It was only fair that you got to do that since Chase went to the game! And oh man, Boxer in that shirt! Cutie!! I'm so glad you enjoyed your first day! I'm sure the kids had more fun than you did! They are so lucky to have you as their teacher!! Miss ya!!

Hiller Family said...

So I love the basement, it looks great. I am glad the preschool is off to a great start. Avery starts tomorrow and is tickled pink at the idea.

Dehner Family said...

You are such a cute teacher! And your basement looks awesome. Almost as cute as Boxer in that t-shirt.

Bart and Krista said...

I am jealous of your preschool! I might have some "stuff" for teaching/preschool. Give me a few weeks to go through my teaching stuff. You don't have to take it-- but you can if you would like to.

daveandvicky said...

What a fun weekend. We missed you, but I would have liked to see the Lion King or the Utah game.Fun!!
The basement looks great. Cute kids!!

Darcie said...

I am so glad that had a nice weekend out, I would love to see The Lion King on broadway.

You basement looks AWESOME!! And for once it sounds like you are really enjoying yourself at work.

I love the door for a table. Steve's parents totally use a door for a table when the whole family comes for dinner. :)

**Cunningham's** said...

I love the table!! haha. I can't believe you are teaching... call me! We need to talk. :)

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

looks like the lion king was fun! I wish I could have gone! I am glad you have the preschool now next year I will have to send braxs to you!

Bryan, Jaime, and Boys said...

How fun! You're doing a preschool! I wish you were closer! Well, I guess it's not quite time to put Shaden in school yet...
Jami gave me your blog address! It will be fun to keep in touch with you again!

Grant and Alli said...

Raq I bet you are the cutest preschool teacher EVER!!! That is so cool your doing that...When do you guys come back to visit??

megs said...

Congrats on the new Basement! I loved the play! we are going to have to make girls night out on the town a habit!

~Tara said...

BOOOO!! Post something new!!!

Katie Busken said...

I'm so glad you're able to teach! From what I hear, the kids LOVE preschool! Looks like a lot of fun.