Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last weekend...

Chase, along with his friends James and Shayne, wanted more golf balls to use in their dental school tournament. So at midnight one night, they got dressed in dark clothes and walked to the golf course by our house to hunt for golf balls. They waded in the pond and scooped up mossy golf balls by the hand fulls and filled their shirts and bags. Chase said he felt like he was in high school again staying out that late, but he brought home over 250 balls! Yes, that bucket was overflowing! He even gave me the pretty colored ones to use someday!



I was "sick" on Monday and we FINALLY went to Cedar Point with our friends Sherri, Shayne, Sunny, and Tyler and it was AWESOME! It was kind of spur of the moment so we didn't leave too early so we didn't get to ride all the rides. And that's even after they stayed open an extra 2 hours! We definitely want to go back! So much fun!

This is the Dragster and it's probably the scariest ride. It goes like 128 mph and I don't know how high, but it's REALLY high! Thanks to all the screaming I did on the rides, my voice was hoarse the next day so it really sounded like I was sick! Perfect!

Gotta love the souvenir cups!




Chase started finishing our basement so I will have a place to start my new endeavor. I am quitting my job, only 1 more day (WHOO HOO), and I'm going to be teaching preschool! I'm so excited to finally be doing something I enjoy!

Chase was having fun with his jack hammer but Boxer sure hates the noise!

I sure hope it's finished in time!

7 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend a sick day to me! I am so excited for you to start this fun new adventure, you will ROCK! Chase looks like he will have a few very long nights for the next couple of weeks.:)

daveandvicky said...

Chase you little thief. Elder quorum activity?

Darcie said...

Sounds like a GREAT "sick" day!!!

You sound really EXCITED about this NEW adventure, I am sure that you willbe GREAT!!

Perry's said...

What fun times - thanks!! I can't believe how gross their clothes smelled after being in that pond, glad we weren't there!! I can't wait to see your basement Chase is always so good at that kind of stuff!

Des said...

Raquel! Preschool is the PERFECT job for you! I'm so excited for you. Best of luck with the basement!

Grant and Alli said...

You are going to be the cutest preschool teacher! I am so excited for you...That is awsome!

Tanya said...

preschool! wow, if i lived close, you know my son would be your first student. good luck on the basement.