Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Gettin' Crafty!

As dental wives, we've tried to get together once a month. Someone had the wonderful idea to start getting together to make crafts! I don't claim to be good at it, but I really like making things. Amanda hosted this month and she (and her husband) did a lot of work getting things ready. Thanks Amanda, it was SO FUN!

Me, Molly, Krista, Amanda, Sunni (standing), Rachel, Melinda, and Candice.

And Sherri since she was taking the picture above.

Putting on the finishing touches and...

Ta Da! They are pumpkins if you can't tell!

Even though it's Thanksgiving, we decided to make firecrackers too because it is the same project. These aren't finished so imagine them with cute ribbon and stars tied around them. They were so fun to make!

Molly has some cute rags quilts that her mom made her and I've always been jealous of them. Recently Molly learned how to make them and she was nice enough to teach me. I'm so glad my mom taught me to sew! I would like to have a blanket to use while watching tv, but we started off with a baby blanket since it's easier. It wasn't very hard but it was a lot of fun! They are the cutest blankets!



I'm glad I have such crafty friends to help me!

13 comments:

Hiller Family said...

You are a pro when it comes to crafting and I don't want to hear otherwise. I LOVE the quilt; I think I will have to hit you up for one of those....

Davis' said...

The quilt is so cute! Looks like you had a lot of fun with your friends. Love the crafts. I wish I would get into doing crafts.

~Tara said...

Cool Beans!!! Now you'll have to teach me so I can have those cute crafts in our apartment!! And I love the blanket!

Bart and Krista said...

I love your quilts. You are a real Martha Stewart!

Darcie said...

I have made the pumkins before but I love the firecrackers, Thanks for the idea!!! Do you already have ribbon ?? If not tell me what you need I might have it, I was making bows for the girls and now have ribbon to spare.

I DO NOT sew at all but I do wish that I knew how so I could make those blankets but now that you know I will just send you fabric and you can make them for me. My kids want new blankets to watch T.V with also they have gotten to big for all those baby blankets that we have had around for forever.

Glad to see that you have made some good friends and crafty friends are the BEST!!!

Grant and Alli said...

Wow I am so impressed! Go Martha Go! You did a great job:)

daveandvicky said...

I am so impressed, the quilt is beautiful. I love doing crafts, and they turned out so cute.

Heath and Brandie said...

I have always wanted to learn how to make one of those quilt as well. It's so cute.

Perry's said...

Sooooo cute - I love your blanket! This has been a fun month - I love the holiday!

Harada's said...

Such cute projects! I wish I was a dental wife so I could join in on the fun =)
The blanket is the cutest freakin blanket ever! I so need to learn how to do that. I want one =)

**Cunningham's** said...

That blanket is the cutest thing ever! You need to post on how to make them now!! I want to learn, that is darling!

Matt & Katie said...

Your quilt is so cute! Now I am jealous of you so you need to teach me!

Des said...

So cute! What a great idea!