Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

For Memorial Day we drove to Cincinnati with Molly, James, and Lexie. We went to the Great American Ball Park to watch a Reds games. Everything was great...at first. The weather was perfect for baseball, cloudy- so it wasn't too hot. But then during the 3rd or 4th inning, it starting raining a little, then a little more, and then it was pouring! They covered the field and delayed the game. We waited under cover for awhile but then decided to leave and go do some shopping at the Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic clearance center.

Lexie was so interested in the baseball head girl, I could not get her attention. I loved Rosie, it's not very often you see a girl mascot!

The view from our seats. We were actually pretty close to the field and I have to admit I was a little nervous when the lefties were up to bat. I always made sure Chase was paying attention with his mitt ready. (I've been hit in the face with a softball before). There really wasn't a homerun area. It would always end up in the stands, which most people like I'm sure.

I was giggling when I saw this. Such a dirty game!

Between the rain and the restaurant that we wanted to go to being closed, the trip didn't turn out as planned, but was still a lot of fun!

7 comments:

**Cunningham's** said...

gosh sounds like fun!! I didn't know dental students could have so many vacations...spoiled... :)

Grant and Alli said...

I thought you had disappeared:( Gosh, I was really worried about you!!! Looks like fun, that mascot is great:) you look cute as always!!

~Tara said...

I feel like Alli....about time you posted!!! Man, you guys always think of fun stuff to do!! Hurry and come so we can hang out! I miss ya!!

Molly said...

Yay, what a fun trip, even if it didn't work out as planned!

Harada's said...

Looks like a fun weekend, minus the rain!
I have so been wanting to go to a Red's baseball. Maybe one day =)

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

candice said...

I am so jealous you got your picture taken with Rosie! I tried to stalk her when we were there, but to no avail I failed! Glad you guys enjoyed your long weekend!