Both of the little munchkins had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Brinley was actually 2 1/2 months since we were in Utah. They both did really good, just cried after the shots. At our pediatrician in Ohio, Mason would freak out as soon as he saw the nurse so I was very proud of him for being so good! They are both healthy and doing well and I'm very grateful for that!
Brinley is still striving for excellence on the growth chart! She weighed 14 lbs 13 oz (what Mason weighed at 4 months!) 97th percentile and she's 24.5 inches long, 95th percentile. Her head is average size.

She is getting so strong and wants to sit up all the time. When we hold her, she doesn't lay back and rest her head anymore. She can hold her head up really well so we figured she would like the bumbo.
Poor girl with her bandaids! It was really bugging me this time thinking about all 5 of the different vaccines she had put into her little body. I hate shots! A few hours after getting her shots, she was really upset and crying like I've never heard before. When I would hold her she tried to climb up me and she couldn't stop crying to eat. I was really worried about her and I didn't know what was wrong because she didn't seem to have a fever. Chase finally figured out it was her legs that were hurting and all she wanted to do was sleep on his chest. After a dose of ibuprofen, she was back to her happy self, thank goodness!
Brinley has been sucking on her fists lately and this is how she fell asleep one day!
She is so happy to lay on the floor and play with her new toy! She smiles and "talks" when she gets her diaper changed and she started laughing last week. Chase gets her to laugh the best by tickling her neck and it is adorable!

Mason the monkey! My dad wanted to take his picture before we left and he jumped up on the fireplace and said 'cheese.' Probably because he knows he's not supposed to be up there!
Mason wanted to take after his sister so he was also in the 97th percentile for weight, weighing 33.4 lbs. This is really weird to me because he's always been average for weight and he hasn't been eating much lately. He was 35.5 inches tall, 75-90th percentile. I don't understand the range...that's a pretty big range and it seems like it would be easy to plot it on the chart. What do I know?! Our pediatrician says that means they are healthy and getting the nutrients they need so that's all that matters!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh they are so cute! Brinley just looks so big,time is going by way to fast! Miss you guys.
I love all the pictures!! They are such cuties!!!
Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how fast they are growing up. We hope you had a great holiday.
Your kids are so cute! They are growing right up....poor Brinley and her shots, those aren't fun! Enjoy your year of 2012!
You are such a good little blogger still I am so jealous! Where do you find the time I can't figure it out and I only have one kid! Love all Brinley's outfits she is so stinkin cute. Mason is getting so big he looks just like Chase now! I hope he feels better soon poor boy!
Post a Comment