Wednesday, May 22, 2013

She's Here...Teagan Elle Davis

Monday May 20th we went to the hospital at 7:30 to have this baby!  I wasn't as nervous this time as I thought I would be.  I had a great nurse and an AWESOME anethesiologist!  She came in while I was being prepped and explained everything to me.  She made me feel very comfortable.

 Unfortunately my doctor was late so we were hanging out watching TV waiting for him.

 After getting prepped, it didn't take long and then they told Chase if he wanted to see the birth he needed to get the camera ready.  I could kind of see a reflection in the light above me and I tried not to look at it until the baby was here.  I saw her cute little face looking up!  She was born at 10:47 am.

With my awesome doctor on the right.  I'm so thankful that everything went well and we have a healthy baby girl!

 The official weight and she was 20 inches long.

 The nurse told us the scratch on her head was from the knife.  She got a little too close since she was sunny side up.  It was completely healed within a couple days.  I got to be with the baby the whole time in recovery.  I've never seen the first bath before and it was so fun! After she was nice and warm, they gave her to me to try and nurse.  After a couple of minutes of trying, the nurse told me to just do skin to skin.  All on her own she worked her way over and started nursing!

 When everyone came, Mason was very interested in everything hooked up to me.  He was asking about the IV.

The baby gave Mason and Brinley a gift.  Brinley got a baby with a binky that she kept putting in her mouth and Mason got a squirt gun!  The night before Mason told Chase he wasn't excited to have a new sister until he told Mason she had a present for him!







 The first (terrible) picture of our family of 5!

The second day Tara came to help me out! I felt so good, I only had some back pain but I guess that's understandable when all my stomach muscles were ripped apart.  My nurse couldn't believe I didn't want more pain meds when the week before she had a patient that wanted something every 30 minutes.  My good friend Kim came to visit which was so fun!  I'm so sad I didn't get a picture though.


 She is such a sweet baby!  We just love her to pieces!

 I could not believe all this black hair!  It will be interesting to see how it ends up!


I told Tara this was probably the first diaper I had changed in the hospital so she took a picture.  Of course she started pooping while I was doing it!

 Doing her hearing test.  She passed, yay!

 After what felt like forever waiting for doctors and discharge papers, we were ready to go home! It's so nice to be home!



5 comments:

Hiller Family said...

She is so beautiful ! Congrats...

Ogden Family said...

Congrats you guys. She's so cute!

Perry's said...

you good little blogger you, I can't believe you have already done all this. I so wish we could be there, love all the pics you look fantastic!

Harada's said...

I am so glad I was able to visit you and meet her before we left.. I miss you guys and think about how your doing all the time!
Hope all is going well!!

Matt & Katie said...

she is so beautiful! congrats!