Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Mason's Face-Plant

Poor Mason took a bad fall today after swim lessons.  Brinley was teasing him saying she was going to sit in his car seat so Mason started to run after her and tripped with his arms wrapped up in his towel.  He slid on his poor mouth and nose.  He rolled over on to his back and I immediately saw it wasn't good.  I waited to see what his reaction would be and when he touched his lips and saw blood he freaked out.  He had blood coming out of his nose and cuts on his lips and I checked to make sure he still had all his teeth in tact.  He had some dirt on the bridge of his nose and forehead but nothing too serious.  

 It looked so sore and I felt so bad for him!  He was crying and asked me why it couldn't have happened to Brinley or Teagan, why did it have to happen to him?  I told him I knew how nice he is and that he would feel really bad if it happened to his sisters.  A little while later he said he wished it would have happened to someone he didn't know that lived far away!

We talked about how sometimes bad things happen to us but we need to be happy that it wasn't worse.  I am so thankful he didn't break his nose, need stitches, or knock out his teeth.




When I was getting ready to brush his teeth I noticed something had changed.  The swollen bump inside his lip was now reddish black.  I'm not sure if it's a blood blister or just a bad bruise but it looks pretty bad.  These pictures don't do his wounds justice.  Hopefully he heals quickly!

2 comments:

~Tara said...

I still feel so bad. Poor boy! That is funny he wished it happened to somebody far away!

Allison said...

Ohhh poor kid!! Glad he didn't knock out any of his teeth!