Thursday, May 5, 2016

Baby Birds

We have noticed a cute little hummingbird in a nest in our flowers.  One day when we scared her away (on accident) we checked the nest and saw two TINY eggs.  We're excited to keep an eye on it and see them when they hatch.

Then yesterday I noticed a couple birds jumping around our pool making a lot of noise.  I didn't think much of it but I had never seen birds there before.  I figured they wanted a drink or something.  I kept hearing them so I kept looking out the window and then I noticed something in the pool and saw it moving.  I put two and two together and knew it had to be a baby bird.  The kids and I went out and I swear it swam right to Mason.  I grabbed a plate and scooped it out of the water and put it out by some plants.  It took a few minutes but we saw the mama bird fly over and tuck the baby under her body probably to warm it up.  We looked away for a few minutes and when we went back to check they were gone.  I guess that's a good sign because we couldn't find it anywhere in our yard.  Nature is pretty amazing!

No comments: