I felt like making some cookies today but I knew I didn't have all the ingredients for very many recipes. Then I remembered about some cookies that used to be a Sunday tradition in my family. They are waffle cookies, given the name because you cook them on a waffle iron. I haven't had them in a really long time so I figured it would be a good treat for Chase to try.
While I was making them I was reminiscing about being younger, sitting in sacrament meeting, and getting notes from my sister or dad. The notes were always the same, "Raquel, will you make cookies after church, circle which kind," followed by a list of options. I usually would make some kind but I don't remember making waffle cookies, though.
So when all the cookies were made, I was a little worried because they looked different than I remember. I tried to tell myself that it was because I used different cocoa than my mom. So I started making the frosting. There's no recipe for the frosting, you just throw some ingredients together in just the right amounts. Yikes! I added a little bit more of this, and more of that, and...it still tasted terrible.
They look pretty good, a chocolate cookie with chocolate frosting, in cute shapes because of my heart waffle iron. But they were not good! I'm so tired of having nothing I make turn out like my mom's! I'm sure these will end up in the garbage. I hope I have better luck next time with another recipe, since Chase was not a fan of these either.
6 comments:
I once made the mistake of putting one cup of baking soda instead of a tsp. It was pretty bad, well the cookies look pretty. I have never heard of waffle cookies, I will have to get the receipe.
Bummer - they look super good though, could have fooled me. Don't you hate going to all that effort though just for nothing! Anyway hope you guys are having fun and the girls are behaving. We miss you - see you soon!
At least they look cute, right?? I hate when you spend time to make something,and it doesn't even taste good! (It happens to me a lot!)
To bad they didn't taste as good as they looked. I love that your waffle maker is heart shaped. The kids love when I try to make shapes out of waffles and pancakes. I will have to look for a waffle maker like that.
Mmmm those look good Raq! I want the recipe! How are things going?
It's a good thing dad always made those cookies! JK! You guys will just have to come here and have mom and dad teach you the trick so your cookies will taste as good!! BTW-I love how you remembered the notes!! Good ol' times!!!
Post a Comment