Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Break

This last week was spring break for Chase and it was an eventful week. Everyone we know went on some kind of vacation but Chase just wanted to relax. So he helped a fellow dental student build a deck and helped another one put crown molding up...not exactly relaxing but he loves it. He worked on some projects we had left and also started some new ones. Now our bathroom floor and our vanity are tiled!


More pictures to come when the projects are done.

Yesterday afternoon, Chase was replacing the doors upstairs and things were looking great until he had an
accident. He slipped with his razor knife and cut his thumb pretty good. He asked me for a bandaid and when he moved the towel I seriously saw blood pouring out! It was cut just about to the bone and it needed stitches. I tried to find an urgent care clinic but I couldn't find one open so we went over to nurse Sherri's and she cleaned it and wrapped it. But she ended up having 2 patients. Just as she was finishing with Chase, I started to feel hot and sweaty and felt the blood leave my face. I had to sit down so I wouldn't pass out and Sherri gave me some juice and nursed me back to health. Who knew I would be such a whimp! I wasn't even in the room with them! We really appreciate Sherri taking care of us!


Chase was mad I didn't take a picture when it looked "cool" but here it is wrapped up.

The Easter bunny didn't find us but I did make some monkey bread that actually turned out and was pretty yummy! A few pieces are missing because Chase couldn't wait. And we had a delicious ham dinner with some friends.


8 comments:

Hiller Family said...

I'm glad you were able to celebrate the holiday some how. But we still really missed you at the Easter hunt. By the way your bathroom is looking great!

~Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Tara said...

Great work Chase! The bathroom looks really nice. Hopefully we'll be able to see it in person sometime!! Don't worry Quel, we went to visit grandma yesterday and the nurse gave her a shot in the stomach and I had to look away and the nurse even asked me, "Are you okay?" I guess it runs in the family.

Perry's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Perry's said...

I loooooooooove your sink it looks awesome, I'm jealous!! The bread looks really good too, monkey bread? Never heard of it, just might need the recipe to that!! You are becoming quite the little chef I am so proud! Happy to help anytime, hope the finger gets better fast, I was just glad you didn't pass out LOL! Now poor Boxer, hope he's ok. Glad you had a good Easter, it didn't even feel like Easter to me!

Darcie said...

The bathroom looks GREAT!! We should hire you to tile the floor and the tub/shower in our house. Didn't you try to fix Chase's cut with duct tape? That is what my dad would do everytime he hurt himself. Hope you enjoyed Easter we all missed you both for the Hunt.

Des said...

Nice work on the tiling Chase! And nice work on the thumb too buddy!
It sounds like you had a great Easter weekend! We miss ya!

jer&ash said...

Chase, you're handy-work's amazing. The tile looks great.
-Jer