Columbus is getting pounded with a snow storm that started yesterday. Coming home from work last night took me an hour instead of 20 minutes and it is still snowing. We are now at a Level 2 warning, which means the roads are hazardous and you shouldn't drive unless you have to. If it elevates to a Level 3, you can actually get a ticket for being on the roads! It's not that it's a really bad storm, it's just that Columbus stinks at plowing the roads. We do have almost a foot of snow, but the roads haven't been touched! We are in a blizzard warning and visibility is 1/4 mile and if the wind sustains at 35 mph, it will be a blizzard. (Yeah, I've been watching the news for quite some time now. They've been on constantly with no commercials for hours!)
This city also closes down with snow because they don't think they get it often. Of course the schools let out early yesterday, but our ward canceled the relief society and primary activities today. So I'm stuck in my house with nothing to do.
Although you wouldn't know it today, we have had some pretty nice days lately and I've been playing with Boxer in our backyard. He loves playing out there and when I make him come in this is what I see...
so I open the door for him but he still doesn't dare to go down the stairs. So he'll put his front paws as close to the edge as he can and stick his neck way out and sniff around. Today when he looked out, he saw something a little different.
Just a little drift! He does like eating the snow and he likes laying on the edge of our bed watching the snow fall. He did not like it, however, when I threw him in a pile of snow!
6 comments:
That is totally crazy about being ticketed for driving in the snow. You better just stay in and make some hot chocolate and read a good book.
Wow! Thats crazy, so much different than Utah... How are you guys doing?
It is weird how the act when it snows around here huh! They were actually willing to come pic me by ambulance to take me to work! If I needed it which I did not!
I guess this crappy weather makes us appreciate Spring so much more! And makes me even more excited when it's time for you guys to come and visit!! I can't wait! Love ya!!
Poor Boxer, I know Porter hates the snow and will do whatever it takes to stay out of it.
I guess I won't rub it in how we are in the 50's and we can actually see green grass..... :)
I think we just passed all the white stuff your way! My apologies!
Giz hates snow, and will hold it all day so he doesn't have to go into the white stuff. I can't get over how cute Boxer is!
Post a Comment