Sunday, July 20, 2008

One Year Down

One year ago today we began our 3 day trek across the country. After being here a year I am still not used to the humidity and I still miss my family, friends, my old job, and Cafe Rio! The two things I didn't have a year ago are a house and Boxer, and I'm enjoying them. The sledge hammer in the corner of the living room and the ladder just outside the window are reminiscent of what was happening here a year ago!

ONLY 3 years to go!


7 comments:

Hiller Family said...

A year already, that wasn't so bad. That went by pretty fast so hopefully it will contiue that way.

Darcie said...

You made it!! As hard as it was you did it!! I think the time will fly and soon you won't believe that it was four years ago when this adventure started!!

daveandvicky said...

That was a fun, interesting, and scary trip. I don't think I'll ever forget the corn fields. And more corn, and more corn. State after state. One year, not to bad. Hopefully, they will get better. And Boxer is great company. Hopefully, Chase will be around more this year.

~Tara said...

Those 3 years better hurry quick! We sure miss ya!! Can't wait to see ya in a little over 1 week!!! YIPEEEE!!!!

Perry's said...

Has it only been one year? Actually it went by really fast but 3 still seems like so many! At least I have you here to keep me company!

Perry's said...

Oh and super cute background!

~Tara said...

Quel and Chase!! I can't even wait for you guys to come!! YIPPPPEEE!! Love you guys!!!!