Sunday, December 13, 2009

Introducing...

Mason Chase Davis!

Thursday December 10th was a long day, beginning at 3:30 in the morning when I woke up having some regular contractions. Up to this point, I had only had a few each day. So I told Chase and we headed to the hospital. After being assessed and only being 1 cm, walking the halls for an hour with no progress and being assessed some more, we thought they were going to send me home. Luckily, my doctor came and since I was over due she said, "let's have a baby today!"

Labor was interesting! I was admitted around 8:00 am and shortly after given Pitocin and then an epidural. I was progressing at the speed my nurse thought I should be until I reached 8 cm around 6:00 pm. A couple hours later, still at 8, the doctor came in and told me he didn't think I would go any farther and thought I should have a C-section. This was not what I was expecting and I think I jinxed myself because I told Chase many time during my pregnancy that I DID NOT want a C-section! Something about it scared me to death. I also knew that I wasn't thrilled with the idea of laboring any more, so after some discussion we went ahead with the C-section. It was a really strange experience but definitely not as bad as I was expecting. Chase watched the whole thing and I just felt it. My nurses couldn't believe I wasn't constantly on pain killers afterward.

I got to see him briefly over the curtain and then they cleaned him up and checked him out.

Such a sad face!

Holding daddy's finger.

We had an awesome nurse that took lots of pictures for us, like the first kiss.

Look at those chunky legs!

Getting a good look at him.

He weight in at a big 9 lbs 4 oz and 21 inches long! I guess that's why I wasn't progressing, this kid was too big for me!

Mason decided to come at a good time. My sister was able to see him before she left! He loves his aunt Tara!

The first grandchild for my parents!

The proud dad.

He's been a really good baby, very easy going and content. We're still working on the eating thing though, but he's a trooper and very patient. We were released this afternoon and he's so fun but it's still kind of hard to believe he's really ours! We're in love!


22 comments:

Matt & Katie said...

He is here! Congrats! He is such a handsome little man & I LOVE his name. Sorry you had to have a C-section. The experience is not so bad - just the recovery. We had a very similar experience. Good luck with everything and enjoy every single second - its goes super fast!

Perry's said...

Have I told you how cute he is? Not sure if I have so I better again. HE IS SOOOOO SOOOO CUTE!!! I just love him. You guys are going to be the best parents he is a lucky babe!

inkylou said...

Congratulations!!!!

Andrew and Lauren said...

Congratulations! He is so cute and seems to alert. I love his dark eyes. Let me know how your c-section recovery goes...that may be in my future too.

Andrew and Lauren said...

I meant to put "so alert"

Mike Richards said...

Congrats! What a cutie! and a BIG guy! I am amazed you were so comfortable until then! Good luck with the feeding you will get it. Enjoy his "littleness" If he is like Mathis and they start out big and keep getting bigger it doesn't last that long. congrats congrats!

Candice

cheeks said...

congrats!!!! that is so great! i love his name....and his bright eyes....he already has beautiful long eyelashes!! good luck with the recovery!

alicia said...

I wish I was there! He is such a cutie. Glad to hear everything is going well.

Jen said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations!! I'm so glad that he's here and that your family got to meet him. He looks so healthy and I love the name. Hope your recovery goes well.

Jacie and Johnny said...

Congratulations!!! I am so glad he finally decided to come :) He is so precious. I am excited for you and Chase to being parenthood....there is nothing more rewarding than watching your own child grown and learn!!

Darcie said...

How EXCITED we are to have this precious little guy in the family... I wish I could jump on a plane and hold him. I think he looks so much Chase... he is SO cute!!! I am so glad to hear that he is "easy going and content"... I have said in the past a "BIG" baby is a happy baby!!! Good luck!!!

Ogden Family said...

Hey congrats you guys!!! We're so excited for you. We're fond of the big babies in our house for sure...I think they're healthier. Hope the recovery goes well and can't wait to see more pics.

**Cunningham's** said...

I love him and I haven't even held him! I want to see picture of his nursery, it looks super cute!

Karen said...

He is such a cutie!! We are so glad he is here and you are both doing OK. Welcome to our family little guy ~ or should I say big guy!! When are you coming to Utah so we can hold him???

Dehner Family said...

The is one cute baby!! I knew he'd be an easy going, content baby. We love him already... I can't wait until he gets bigger and can come over with Boxer for a play date!

Harada's said...

He is so cute!! I cant wait to hold this baby. Congratulations to you and Chase! =)

Des said...

so happy for you guys! congratulations!
love him and you!

Grant and Alli said...

Oh He is so cute!!!!!!Congratulations...You guys will be such great parents:) I am so glad everything went good!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Congrats I am way excited for you guys! Sorry it did not turn out as expected but you have a healthy little guy to show for it! Congrats! He is a cutie! I like the name too!

~Tara said...

Oh, he's SO precious and SO stinkin' cute!!! I miss holding him already!!! I'm SO glad he came while I was there!! It was so fun to experience it with you guys and mom and dad!!! Love ya tons!!

Nate and Kara Cooney said...

Congrats! what a handsome little guy. We hope you guys are doing well.

Natalie said...

So cute! You made me so excited.. still have some time! What a beautiful baby!! Have fun with him!