Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas of Firsts

This was a very different Christmas for us--the first Christmas with a baby and the first Christmas we haven't spent with family. It was a little weird and I never felt the anticipation and excitement of Christmas like I usually do. Since it is winter and Mason's only 2 weeks old, it kind of limits what you can do to get those warm Christmas fuzzies. I remembered that I heard about the lights at Alum Creek and decided that was something we could do without leaving the warm car (but it didn't really help it seem like Christmas).



When we got home from the hospital we found lots of presents under the tree. My family had been busy.

Mason was spoiled! It's weird to think that next year he'll be running around opening his own presents!


6 comments:

TheSchmierneys said...

I know you wont disagree but I think Mason is the cutest baby! I love the picture of him surrounded by all his presnts! He's such a sweet little guy! Thanks for letting me come by and cuddle with him the other day!
I know you a little disapointed about the lack of family & the big busy day, but I hope you know it'll probably be the ONLY quite Christmas you'll have for the next 50 years! :) Next year Mason will be tearing down your tree and eating the wrapping paper! :) and that'll just been the beginning!

Perry's said...

Hope you had a fun Christmas with Mason even though you couldn't be with family. He really was spoiled and I bet you were too. Can't wait to see you soon. He already looks so much bigger!!

Harada's said...

Mason looks so cute surrounded by all his presents.=) When can i come by and see this cute little guy?

Thedailydansie said...

He is so cute! I can't wait to see him in person. I hope that you guys had a good Christmas even if you had to spend it in Ohio.

Ms. Jodie said...

Good job you guys!!! He is sooooo cute i wish i were there to hold him.

Des said...

how fun! i'm sure this will be a christmas you will never forget!