Monday, April 2, 2012

Mason Lately

I have been thinking about how much Mason has grown up these last few months. For a while there, I didn't know if I could handle him and his terrible twos but I think it was mostly the stress and lack of sleep from having a new baby that left me with less patience. He is talking more and communicating with me better so he doesn't seem to get so frustrated when he wants something.

We got rid of his bottles back in January and it was much easier than I thought it would be. I tried putting milk in his sippy cup but he told me those were just for juice and he wouldn't drink it. So I got him new sippy cups that looked different so those could be just for milk. It worked but not like the bottles. We changed our routine to reading books before bed and no milk and he was just fine with that. I love that time reading with him.

He sleeps well, 11-12 hours at night and then a 2 hour nap which is nice. Lately he has had a hard time going to bed. He screams for us a few times before finally going to sleep. I think he's a little scared about something so he is stalling. He asks for his light on or the door open, a pillow, water, Grandma and Grandpa and, my favorite, last night he asked to go to church! I hope he gets back to normal soon.

I was going through some random pictures on my camera and phone and there are things I want to remember about Mason.

Mason is usually a really good eater. Sometimes he surprises me with what he likes like guacamole, tuna fish and spicy food. This was after church when he was having one of favorites, toast with nutella and chocolate milk!

This is the position you must assume to watch the cars go around the track! Mason loves building the tracks for his cars and trains with daddy.

One day when we were leaving to run some errands I asked Mason to get some shoes. He came back with black socks and these church shoes. I couldn't stop smiling while I was putting them on but I didn't have the heart to tell him those were the wrong shoes and they didn't really go with his tshirt. He did get matching socks and everything! In the store I couldn't help but laugh but I'm sure no else would think twice about them!

I am constantly shocked at what Mason figures out on his own like dragging a box of diapers out of the closet so he can stand on it and get to stuff on Brinley's changing table. And opening the cupboards so he can stand inside and be 3 inches taller. That's what happened this day when I left a bag of brown sugar on the island (in the middle because I learned that lesson) while I put Brinley down for a nap. I came back to this sticky mess!

I take the kids with me to work out and Mason plays with toys with other kids and I didn't think he was paying attention to what I was doing. We came home and he kept showing me different moves and stretches he learned. I couldn't stop laughing!

Sometimes getting dressed is a fight so he runs around without clothes until I can get one article on at a time. He's sitting in Brinley's car seat and he looked ridiculous in it! He also gets in her bumbo and jumper too.

Mason loves pretending in the kitchen. This day he kept telling me he was making cookies and it was hot. There is often one of Boxer's toys in the pan with the lid on because he is a huge tease!

I am totally that mom that thinks most things Mason does is just hilarious! Even when he's being naughty or embarrassing, I often have to look the other way to laugh. I just love my little boy!!

4 comments:

Perry's said...

Such a cutie I miss him!

Perry's said...

Such a cutie I miss him!

~Tara said...

I love Mason too!! I love the Zumba stretch picture and I absolutely LOVE the picture with Chase, Mason, and Brinley all laying on their stomachs watching the trains go around. TOO CUTE!! And I still almost peed in my pants seeing that picture at Target with his church shoes on. Hilarious!!

Hiller Family said...

I love hearing about all of his cute corks he has. I think it's time for a visit. Avery is going NUTS! And we can't have them forgetting us!