Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trip to Utah

We had to take advantage of being able to fly with some help so we flew back to Utah with my parents to visit for a couple weeks.  The kids and I were there for a week and then Chase joined us for a week. We had a TON of fun!  I was horrible about taking pictures but luckily Alicia took pictures of some of the things we did with them.  Sadly I didn't get any pictures with my family.  Mason had a lot of fun playing with Halle.  They loved taking squirt bottles outside and spraying bugs, flowers and anything else.  A new favorite thing was taking ice cubes outside and throwing them on the cement.  I'm not sure what was so fun about that but Mason kept asking Grandpa to "go throw ice."  Mason (and Brinley) ate a lot of popsicles that Mason affectionately just calls "pop" and we enjoyed sitting outside in the evenings.

This is how we kept Mason occupied on the plane.  He did really well, it's the little one that is the handful!

We went to the aquarium with Grandma Davis, Alicia, Carsten, Avery, Kyler and Raegyn.  Mason had  fun seeing all the fish and we went to lunch afterward.






Another day we went to Seven Peaks.  Mason isn't very adventurous but he liked eating snacks and playing around and I think he had a little bit of fun in the lazy river.


Brinley sat on Chase's lap in the tube in the lazy river and while trying to do some adjusting, Chase ending up dunking both of them!  Brinley was a little surprised and the cold water took her breath away but she didn't cry.  Needless to say Mason did!  Good times!

We headed up to Flaming Gorge with Chase's whole family for a fun weekend.  We went boating everyday and had fun around the cabin.

 Brinley was having fun on the beach.

 She wanted to crawl around in the dirt and eat rocks the whole time.  If she had a chance, she took off as fast as she could toward the water.  She loved splashing in the lake.

 Mason had fun digging in the dirt and throwing rocks in the lake.  He was a little bummed that he couldn't go swimming with his cousins.

 He jumped at the chance to ride in the boat.  I was a little surprised because he is such a cautious child but he loved it and loved driving!

Brinley's ride in the boat ended like this.  So cute!

 All the cousins.

 I had to ski just to make sure I could remember how since it had been so long.

 All the kids love riding in the golf cart around the cabin.  It makes me laugh when the kids strap themselves in the back!



 Everyone was so helpful with Brinley.  Uncle Darrin and Steve had her a lot and kept her entertained.  It seems like she was tired the whole time because we were keeping her up for one reason or another.  At one point she fell asleep in the high chair!


All the grandkids with their funny faces!
Thanks everyone for such a fun time!

2 comments:

Perry's said...

Looks like so much fun!

~Tara said...

Good thing Alicia took lots of pictures for you!! I'm SO glad you guys were able to come and visit. Too bad I had to work so much. :( Oh well, I guess this means we'll have to get together again sometime soon!!! I love the silly faces of the kids.