Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Owwie All Better!

Mason has been great with his cast.  He hardly complained about it and he never said his arm itched or bothered him.  When we asked him if he wanted his cast off he would say 'NO ON' every time.  I was a little worried that he had become too attached to it and I didn't want him to cry when it came time to get it off.  For the past week or so we've been prepping him that pretty soon when his arm was all better then we would take the cast off.  He was ok with that and started getting pretty excited to get it off.

 Since Chase's work is half way between our house and Tucson he got to come too! 


Mason does so well when he's a little nervous.  He does exactly what he's asked to do and holds so still.  The nurse told him most kids fight her and wiggle and since Mason didn't he got to pick 2 stickers!


Finally he can stretch his arm!  I image that would feel pretty good!  After the nurse took the cast off and left the room, Mason was checking out his arm and cried a little bit.  I'm sure it felt so weird but it could take a couple days to get full mobility back.  He has been favoring it and I kept telling Chase to watch him while he walks because he still holds it bend at his side!  The x-rays looked great so he didn't need another cast! We're so happy it's better!

4 comments:

daveandvicky said...

Hurray! He is so brave. Give Mason and Brinley, a kiss from me. Miss all of you!

daveandvicky said...

Hurray! We are so happy, he is so brave! give them both a kiss for me. miss you all!!!!

Hiller Family said...

What a brave little man! I am glad he didn't have to get another one. Enjoy swimming cast free.:)

~Tara said...

He's so cute!!!! He is a great kid!!! Yay!!! No more cast!!!