Saturday, October 6, 2012

He Pees in the Toilet!

I have not been in a hurry to potty train Mason.  I got anxiety thinking about him having accidents in public and having to go to the bathroom when I have a cart full of groceries and I didn't know what I would do with Brinley and our huge stroller.  I figured he had a year before he needed to be trained to go to preschool!  But a couple days ago Mason decided he was ready and asked to use the toilet and actually peed a couple times!  Conference weekend was a great time for him to pick too!  So we headed to the store to get some underwear and a potty seat and of course candy for a reward.

 He picked the Mickey Mouse ones!


This is how Mason has looked the last two days!  I love him in his little undies! Looks like such a big boy!

The first day of training was a DISASTER!  He had like 5 accidents and kept having these accidents right after peeing!  Just when I thought we were okay for another hour, he would pee 4 times in an hour!  I just don't have the patience to sit in the bathroom with him for 15 minutes with Brinley trying to throw toys in the toilet and climb in the tub and shut the toilet lid on Mason.  I was  going crazy!

A couple funny things happened that I want to remember.  At one point he said he needed to go poo so he sat on the toilet and pushed for awhile but said he didn't know how.  A little bit later he peed in his underwear so I took them off.  While naked, he sat at the table and got a little bit of poo on the chair, his foot and his toe.  He was not happy and this was not funny yesterday!

After having one accident, I was trying not to get mad but I was beyond frustrated and I was asking him why he peed on the floor...  He made a face like he was thinking but didn't have an answer and said, "oh heck!"  I guess he heard me say "oh my heck" a lot that day!  

Day 2, he did AMAZING!  He didn't have one accident!  I probably asked him if he needed to go potty twice and the rest of the time he told us or just went on his own.  He was playing in the living room and suddenly ran away and climbed on the toilet and did his business all by himself!  He now knows how to pause the tv so he won't miss anything when he has to use the bathroom.  I came back from putting Brinley to bed and found the tv paused and him on the way to the bathroom.  He didn't miss me or need me!

While we were playing outside, he ran to a corner of the house where Boxer pees and he said he was going to pee there too!  He didn't want to stop playing but we still made it and I told him only dogs pee outside.  We'll see how long that lasts!

I can't believe what a difference a day makes!  He has it down and doesn't sit on the toilet forever either.  He does so much better when he tells us he needs to go.  When I would ask him if he needed to, he got frustrated sitting there and asked "why my pee not comin'?"  I sure hope this continues but we have yet to experience a #2!


4 comments:

~Tara said...

HOORAY MASON!!!! He's such a big boy!!! Glad he was ready and that he did choose a GREAT weekend too! I love the undies he chose. Way to go Mason boy!!!

Hiller Family said...

That is so nice, once it's done. Good job not loosing it. I was never in a hurry either. But it will be nice for primary in January!

Darcie said...

Way to go Mason!!

Perry's said...

Way to go mommy and Mason I've been wondering how it was going.