Thursday, January 16, 2014

Brinley's Obsessions and Extraction

Brinley is such a funny girl lately.  She is talking so much and using new words everyday so she's able to tell us exactly what she wants and she definitely has her favorite things.

Obsession #1 - Grinch.  Before Christmas I turned the movie on for Mason while she was napping and when she woke up and saw the Grinch she started backing away from the tv scared.  But somehow she also became obsessed with it.  She would ask to watch it several times a day so she would get through the movie every couple days.  We are still watching Grinch but not as often.  I just don't have the heart to delete it off the DVR.  She started repeating the words and trying to sing the song.  We tried to get her to watch other things and she kept saying, "Grinch is nice!" but there are parts she doesn't like.  She doesn't like when he eats glass or when he hides from Cindy Lou Who.  She's pretty much obsessed with tv in general now.  Not long ago she never paid attention when Mason was watching something.  Now she tells me constantly to turn the tv on to Mickey Mouse whenever it's off or on a channel she doesn't approve of.

My mom and I caught her watching Grinch on the iPad with her hands over her mouth several times and the other day this is how she was watching the "scary" parts!

Obsession #2 - blanket.  She loves her bankey, especially when she's sad or tired but it comes in the car with us occasionally too.  She bites on it when she's going to sleep and just for fun.  It's looking pretty dirty and gross even though I sneak it and wash it all the time.

 Obsession #3 - babies.  She loves her babies and always has to have a couple in bed and she's started bringing them with us.  We can usually convince her to leave them in the car but I let her bring it in to the doctor's office.

 This was at Chase's office and we were there after nap time so she made herself comfortable in Teagan's car seat and fell asleep with her baby.  I can't believe she fell asleep like that which makes it even more sweet!

Brinley has had a stomach bug for over a week and when she threw up we wanted to avoid milk so I didn't give her her usual bottle before bed.  Since then she has asked for her bottle one time for a nap and I think it's because she was hungry since she hadn't been eating much so I gave in.  Other than that she asks for a sippy cup of water.  So obsession #4 IS NOT her bottles anymore!  I don't know why I'm so resistant to change and think the kids will be too.  They always do just fine.

I won't be seeing this for a while and that's great with me!

Obsession #5 - foam and her nose.  On Tuesday as I was getting Mason dressed for preschool Brinley was playing with these foam numbers and letters.  Next thing I know she comes to me and looks concerned while she's picking her nose.  I asked her if she had a booger in there and she said, "no an ABC!"  Great!  I tried to lay her down and see if I could get it out with tweezers but she was freaking out and crying and I couldn't hold her down and get it out.  Crying made her sniff it up farther so I didn't think I could get it out.  I thought about taking her to Chase but when I couldn't get ahold of him, I made an appointment with the doctor.  She got it out easily and it was the piece that fits inside but it was blue so I think it went in the 9.  Brinley keeps things interesting but we couldn't love her funny personality or her awesome hugs any more!

4 comments:

Hiller Family said...

What a funny girl! Sure do love that sweet girl.

Unknown said...

She's so stinkin' cute! Love her curls too! :)

~Tara said...

I love her cute personality!!! What a cutie!!

~Tara said...

I love her cute personality!!! What a cutie!!