Sunday, April 6, 2014

El Tour De Mesa

Chase has been into biking lately and he's training for a half iron man next month.  Yesterday he rode in a 28 mile race through Mesa and up a "mountain."  The kids and I wanted to see him cross the finish line but I guess he was faster than he thought so we didn't make it in time.  He was sent these pictures, too bad they're blurry.





On the way there Mason and Brinley were making me laugh with their conversations.  We were driving through downtown Gilbert and Mason thought it was the place in Utah where we went on a train ride.  Then I heard:

Brinley: And I see some (whispers) ice cream!
Mason: Well no, there no ice cream here.
Brinley: I like ice cream!
Mason: I know you do, but there's not any.  Sorry.

I was telling Mason that Chase was finished so we wouldn't see him riding his bike and he started pouting until I told him there were bounce houses there and he immediately started giggling and said, "Mason's happy now!" And Brinley told me that if she had a pink bike she could go really fast!

Nice medal!

As soon as we found Chase, he unbuckled Brinley and let her out of the stroller.  I don't know if he was going to say hi to her or what but as soon as she was out she took off running for the bounce house, sat down and started taking off her shoes!  She's fast and it's easy to forget that she's not afraid to leave us like Mason is.







They had so much fun and didn't want to leave even to get their face painted. 

There were a few other booths and things going on so we watched the BMX demo for a while.  These guys were crazy! Brinley kept clapping and waving when they rode by her.