Mason was not looking forward to this appointment. I didn't know if I should tell him what to expect or let it be a surprise. Knowing Mason I decided to talk to him about it to try to ease his fears. I don't think it helped at all. He wouldn't do the eye test because he wouldn't talk to the nurse.
Weight: 46.6 lbs (82%)
Height: 45.5 in (90%)
I was expecting less for weight and more for height. It seems like he has had a growth spurt. Some of his pants that were fine were all the sudden way too short.
I saw a lot of this face!
I managed to be silly enough to get a few smiles before the doctor came in.
Mason made the doctor sad with his bottom lip sticking out the whole time she was trying to talk to him. And then the nurse came in...she didn't try to hide the syringes so as soon as he saw them it was bad news. He screamed bloody murder even while she cleaned him with the alcohol wipe. I tried to get him to turn his head but I couldn't. I've heard him scream before but not that pitch for that long! He was yelling "get away from me" and "I don't like the doctor!" It seemed like forever to get four shots. He cried most of the way home just thinking about it. The good news is he's done until he's 11.
His battle wounds. After we took the bandaids off he looked at himself in the mirror and came back and said it looked like he had chocolate milk on his arm. Dried blood, chocolate milk...same thing.
I told him if he was brave he could pick what we had for dinner. I gave him some options but he came up with Peter Piper Pizza. He had fun and won a bunch of tickets for prizes.
2 comments:
Dang shots. Poor guy. Glad he's done until he's 11!! He sure is a handsome boy!!
The dreaded 5 year appointment. I have always told Shayne since I had to endure all the ones the first year that he would be taking our kids to the 5 year one. Seems like a fair trade right? At least with the ones I went to, they won't remember. Now after seeing this post I think he most definitely should have to!
Post a Comment