I wish I could say this is an April Fools joke but unfortunately we spent 5 hours in the ER. I had to run an errand and wanted to be fast and Brinley was pretty upset that she couldn't come. She was crying, she didn't take a nap, so Chase threw her over his shoulder and brought her in from the garage. After I had been home for a bit, Brinley asked me to help her put her pajamas on. She leaned her head back on my bed and I noticed some tiny purple dots on her face, like freckles. I yelled for Chase to come see and he figured they were broken blood vessels from screaming and throwing a fit. After googling it, we didn't feel comfortable putting her to bed so I called the pediatrician and the nurse sent us to the Children's Hospital and said not to mess around with a purple rash.
I was nervous driving with her since I couldn't keep an eye on her so I made her talk about Frozen all the way and it was pretty entertaining. She told me her tummy and head hurt but she sometimes teases me too. We got checked in and Brinley was watching a show on my phone and all the sudden started throwing up on us. That made me even more nervous. After telling the story what seemed like 100 times, it was decided that she had petechia and a random stomach virus which would have made her throw up regardless. I thought it seemed strange that she broke blood vessels this time since she throws fits a lot but then I remembered Chase throwing her over his shoulder. I think that added some pressure with her screaming. I also found it odd that she threw up once and was fine but the nurse did give her some phenergan and the week before Mason threw up once and the week before that Teagan did. It was just Brinley's turn.
Brinley didn't mind the hospital, she got some Gatorade and a popsicle out of the deal. It was late so she slept off and on in the waiting room and in her room until someone came in and wanted to examine her for more spots. After she went to the bathroom for a urine sample, to rule out a UTI, and got a popsicle she got a second wind. She was bouncing off the walls and climbing all over the room. We played Eye Spy for a long time! We finally got the discharge papers at 2:00 am. I vow to never wait for those papers again! It probably took two hours. Next time I'm going to leave a note with my email address and have them send them to me!!
I'm so grateful it was nothing more serious!


No comments:
Post a Comment