We had our first experience with strep. I noticed Mason was snoring a little bit the last few days when I checked on him after he was asleep. Occasionally his voice sounded funny like things were swollen but he told me over and over again he didn't have a sore throat. Then we noticed that the gland on one side of his neck was getting big. We just thought his body was fighting something but when it kept getting bigger and bigger I knew he needed to go to the doctor. The morning of his appointment he didn't feel like eating and he said his stomach hurt. His gland had also grown to about 3 inches in diameter! He couldn't turn his neck without turning his whole body. The doctor said he'd seen some big glands but Mason's was impressive! He ended up having strep and got some strong antibiotics since his gland was enormous.
The next day we were asking Mason if he felt like going to the mall and he said yes but Brinley said she didn't because she "had a cold coming on." I assured her she could go to the mall with a cold but it was obvious she wasn't feeling well. Mason's doctor told me that kids don't have sore throats with strep but nausea is common. Brinley threw up shortly after. We figured she had strep too and took her to urgent care. She threw up a couple times there and since she saw Mason get his throat swabbed she was not thrilled about that part. It took two nurses 10 minutes to get it. She is a strong and stubborn little girl.
Somehow Teagan avoided it and I can't believe it since they were sharing suckers on the way home from the doctor!

No comments:
Post a Comment