We took the kids camping on Friday for the first time, well technically Mason went camping when he was a baby. Since we don't do much camping, I felt completely clueless as to what to pack. I pretty much left that part up to Chase. On the way there I was joking with Chase and asked him if he remembered the tent and air mattress. He forgot the mattress. Luckily there was a Wal-Mart in Payson so we didn't have to sleep on the ground.
It was a beautiful campground but it was COLD! Probably not even 50 degrees during the day. The kids thought it was so fun exploring, playing in the tent, riding the ATVs, and eating treats. As it was starting to get dark we realized we hadn't seen Mason and Lexi for a while. Chase started calling them and heard nothing. I started getting a little panicked and went in another direction calling their names. After a few minutes James said he saw them. I totally forgot they asked if they could sit in our car. Oops!
The kids slept pretty well, better than me and Chase. Thank goodness Chase got a little heater or we wouldn't have been able to stay the night. Teagan slept in-between Chase and I and a few times during the night she sat up and looked around and said, "where mama go?" Once she saw me she laid down and went back to sleep. We ate lots of good food. Molly and James are prepared campers and we had tacos, breakfast burritos and BBQ chicken sandwiches.
Hot chocolate helped us stay warm.
Our tent that's been used for two camping trips and once in the back yard in 5 years.
The kitchen
Mason rode it by himself! Even though it was cold and we didn't have toilets it was still a lot of fun. The kids were exhausted fell asleep as soon as we started driving and slept the whole way home. We made some good memories!








1 comment:
Glad you had fun! Camping isn't for me!!
Post a Comment