Thursday, February 11, 2016

Disneyland Trip!

Chase planned a trip to Disneyland a few months ago with Chad's family and Grandma and Grandpa Davis.  We were supposed to leave on Saturday but Chase had been sick and woke up feeling worse and Mason woke up not feeling well.  Chase ended up having an ear infection so we decided to wait and leave Sunday.  The kids were more than ready to go!  Of course we have bad luck and I started getting sick on Sunday.


 The kids did pretty good driving.  We only heard some whining occasionally but they did take a nap which was nice.  We got to our hotel around 4:30 and checked in.  We stayed at the Grand Californian and had adjoining rooms with Dave and Vicky.  Chad's family stayed in a condo.

We walked around Downtown Disney trying to find somewhere to eat and the girls tried on some ears.

The kids talked dad into getting some souvenirs.  The girls got dolls and Mason got an Avengers bow and arrow set.  We ate at a pizza place with Dave and Vicky.

Day 1: California Adventures



 Definitely one of my favorites!





 Waiting in line for Radiator Springs with Cooper.



A car from Cars pulled up by us playing music and the girls couldn't help but dance and dance some more!










We had a great day and the kids did great even though we were all tired.  Mason and Chase coughed all night, I was too congested to sleep and Teagan fell out of bed!


Day 2: Disneyland

We got in the park early because of our hotel and we saw Snow White right away.  Brinley was being shy and grumpy but Teagan was happy to see her even though she wouldn't smile.


Brinley was so excited to wait in line to see Tinker Bell and the fairies.  She's a big fan!  Both girls had a hair malfunction.  The elastics in their hair broke in line so I had to improvise to keep their hair out of their faces.



After this Chase and Dave took Teagan and Mason on the Nemo ride.  When they got off Teagan was walking by me and Brinley was in the stroller.  A couple Storm Troopers walked by us and we watched them harass some people.  We walked around the corner and met up with Chad's family and Raegyn immediately looked in the stroller and said, "where's Teagan?"  She wasn't with us so I headed back where we came from and luckily a nice man asked me if I was looking for a lost little girl.  He told me a woman had her and was going to take her to an employee.  He showed me where they were but we missed them.  At least that helped me not panic as much.  I knew she with a woman and not some weirdo but then I was worried about how long it would take to find her and I was hoping she wasn't scared.  I talked to employee and asked what the procedure was for a lost child and she wasn't very helpful.  But the nice man came back and said he found them.  I didn't even know he was still looking.  I thought he had already done enough.  So I ran back to the place where we last saw her and there she was with a lady and the nice man's wife.  She looked a little sad but they said she was very brave!  Of course I cried when I said thank you for finding her and staying with her. I think they were walking around trying to find us and we missed each other.  Thankfully she wasn't lost for long!

Later when Teagan wanted to get out of the stroller and walk I held her and told her I didn't want her to get lost again.  We talked about what happened and I told her I was sorry and asked her if she was sad.  She said she was and that she ran away.  When I asked her more questions she told me that she ran away from the 'scary guy.'  The Storm Troopers! Too bad she didn't ask one of us to hold her instead!



 Teagan liked being in charge on Dumbo.  Yes, it was hot!  It was hotter there than it had been in Arizona.


I went with Mason and everyone else to ride Thunder Mountain Railroad and Chase was so nice to take the girls to see some princesses!  They were in heaven!

 Brinley was the one that was shy and wouldn't talk to them so she would tell Teagan what to say!


 I love that the princesses talk to them!

 Brinley loves Belle!



Dave and Vicky took the girls back to the hotel to rest so Chase and I took Mason on Space Mountain.  He had already been on it with Grandpa so he said this time he wasn't nervous!

 And he got some ice cream before we headed back.

We all went to an early dinner at Rain Forest Cafe and walked around Downtown Disney.  We went to the parade and we all enjoyed it again.  The show on the castle and Main Street started but then there was an announcement that it was too windy for fireworks.  Too bad!  I didn't get to see them last time either.

Day 3: Disneyland








 We took some silly pictures while we waited for a bathroom break.  The girls picked the pose and Mason didn't want to participate.



 Even Mason wanted a picture with Cinderella's Godmother!

Toontown was the only thing on Mason's agenda for the day!





 Of course Brinley liked Minnie's vanity!







Some rides that we stopped at Brinley didn't want to ride and every time Teagan would say, "I will!"  She was tall enough for the roller coaster in Toontown so I took her on it.  She was so funny at first with her hands in the air going up the hill but as soon as we started going down she hugged the bar as tight as she could.  She's pretty brave though!

 They were so excited to see Daisy and Teagan really liked her shoes for some reason!


Grandma and Grandpa gave all the kids money for a souvenir so we stopped at a store on the way back to the hotel.
 Teagan picked an Anna and trolls set and she was so cute talking to herself playing.

 Brinley got an Ariel doll and another outfit for Belle.  She was just a little excited about it!

Mason got some spy gear like Miles from Tommorowland.  He kept telling us that was what he wanted and he finally found it!

Chad's family stayed another day at the parks but we decided three days was enough for our family.  I wasn't trying to be a school nazi but it didn't make sense to me to have the kids miss school to drive home.  So we decided to drive home late and let the kids sleep in the car.  We met everyone at Cheesecake Factory for dinner and left about 6.  We hit some traffic which added about an hour and we got home about 1:30am.  The kids did great and we carried them in and they woke up in their beds.

No comments: