A friend in my ward asked me to fill in and join her team that was mostly girls from her old ward. Chase was so nice and really wanted me to do it even though he was supposed to work and had patients scheduled. He said he had a few options to get it covered but in the end he had Vicky fly down to watch the kids and they thought that was great! We really appreciate her coming!
We went to dinner beforehand to meet and everyone was so sweet and fun! I was really excited!
I was in van 1 and our start time was 8:30 so the day of we left at 5:30.
At the start line. At the last minute, the other girl on our team had to have emergency oral surgery so the amazing lady in the middle did two legs back to back and ran two half marathons. She should have gotten an extra medal for sure!
Our van was so fun and we had lots of good food and snacks. That's important to remember!
Giving support and a flag tunnel!
The spray bottle was a great idea!
With everyone at an exchange.
Van 2. Our team was Sore and Ready for More.
Getting ready for my last leg. My legs weren't bad but I had a lot of uphill which kills me because I never run up hills. I ran about 16 miles total.
I took this nerdy picture at the 'one mile left' sign for Chase and he put it on Facebook. Thanks babe!
Yay! I'm done!
My cute friend Melanie.
We made it to Mesa. We sat in the shade at the park and chatted and relaxed while we waited for the other van then we crossed the finish line together. Chase brought the kids to cheer us on. It was so nice of Chase and fun to have them there!
I got more sleep this time around. We tried to sleep in a high school gym before our legs started at 10:00pm. That was pretty hard to do with cheerleading practice with loud music going on next door! The other time we slept in the van and it was a lot quieter and I got some good sleep. These girls were so fun, I just might do it again!













No comments:
Post a Comment