Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm a Monkey!

I recently got another job (I didn't have as many kids in preschool as I would have liked) so I'm working with monkeys! It's a place called Monkey Math and it's an after school tutoring center. It's based on a program used in India so I had to learn some new skills too. Since it's after school, we try to make it as much fun as possible so we pretty much play games the whole time. One week we played Jenga and no, it doesn't have anything to do with math. I gave them a problem to solve on their own white board and then they each took a turn at the game. It's really fun for me and the time goes by so fast. Sometimes it feels like a zoo but I have to remind myself that it's not school so it's okay.

Speaking of monkeys, have you ever seen a green tree? This is what happens every time it rains here! It's so weird I had to take a picture.

4 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Congrats on the job, it sounds like a lot of fun! That is defiantly a very weird looking tree

Darcie said...

It sounds like you are really enjoying your new job!!! I'm sure that you make after school math FUN!!!

That tree looks weird but I like it. Does it feel moss?

~Tara said...

Math Monkey, that funky Monkey!!! Ha ha!!! I love that you FINALLY posted!! That is strange that the trees turn green! Weird!!

Hiller Family said...

Your turn, I tagged you.