Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Fun

Last night we had our friends James & Molly and Shayne & Sherri over for soup and to carve pumpkins. We had fun making a mess! Chase is always so nice to clean my pumpkin for me! Yuck!

Molly and her little pumpkin!

I had a hard time deciding which pattern to use and I think I made a bad choice. I made some mistakes and Chase had to use a toothpick to salvage it. Mine is the witch and Chase did the monster mash.

They look pretty good all lit up!
Everyone left before I could get a picture of theirs.

I love carving pumpkins and now it feels more like Halloween!

As a side note, it was Boxer's first birthday so he got some new shirts since I had a gift card. Here are the pictures for you mom and Tara.

I love his hoodie!

10 comments:

~Tara said...

How fun!! Chad and I are going to carve pumpkins with mom tomorrow night! I love Boxer and his shirts! I love how he poses!!! So cute! I can't wait to see all of you guys at Christmas!!

Hiller Family said...

Your pumpkins look great! Boxer is adorable he has a bigger wardrobe than Darrin. Avery says the witch is cuter by the way.

Heath and Brandie said...

Neat pumpkins. How Fun. I decided to let my kids paint on pumpkins this year so I don't have to clean them out either. YUCK

Thedailydansie said...

I think that your pumpkin looks great! Both of your pumpkins looked so hard to do, how did you have the patience? I'm not much of a pumpkin carver. I do not like to clean them out. Boxer looks so cute too!

Matt & Katie said...

Your pumpkin looks great! I love to carve pumpkins but I am with you - I hate cleaning them out! Thank heavens for great hubbys! Hope you guys have a great Halloween:)

Lynn -n- Trisha said...

Hey you two, we hope all is well. You know the Illini will humble the Buckeys again this year. I just don't know in which sport. If you ever make that terrible drive again back home please let us know and you can stay with us.
Lynn n Trisha

Lynn -n- Trisha said...

You and your pumpkins are crafty!! I love them, but not as much as boxers outfits. Oh my, that doggie is SPOILED!!

Darcie said...

WE love you pumpkins!!! Glad to see that you have good friend to help celebrate the holidays!!! We all missed you at the annual Hallowwn party at my parents!!! When are you coming for Christmas?? We cannot wait!!!

Des said...

Just remember...carving pumpkins will always be OUR tradition, I'm just letting you get away with doing it with other people cus you're out of state! :)

Harada's said...

Your pumpkins look great! I attempted the same witch one and mine totally sucks compared to yours. Good job! =)