Sunday, February 3, 2008

1st Vet Visit

Yesterday I took Boxer to the vet for the first time for his second shot. Dr. McKee's office was a quaint one complete with wood paneled walls and literally a hole in the wall for the receptionist. While we were waiting, a man with his golden retriever came in and Boxer had to show how tough he is by growling at him. Not too smart to growl at a dog that could eat you for lunch! Good ol' Virgil was a nice old man and he gave Boxer a clean bill of health. He trimmed the hair around his eyes so he doesn't get poked every time he blinks, and trimmed his nails so they don't get caught in the carpet anymore. During the exam, he kept telling me what a good dog I have. I tried to tell him not to be fooled because I have the marks on my hands to prove he's not always so sweet. He was really good and he didn't even whine when he got the shot, but I don't think he liked it. When I got him back, he kept trying to hide inside my coat!


See his teeth, tongue and palate? Healthy, huh!

When I got home, I was on the computer and Boxer was in my lap helping me. I wasn't paying attention to him for a few minutes, and when I looked down he had been licking my pants and I now had a huge wet spot. I was thinking he was weird and moved him away and then I put my hand in my pocket and found the reason behind his licking and scratching. I had one of his treats in there and then it all made sense!

7 comments:

The Hawaiian Howells said...

hey its megan you just go to the website then go to free downloads click on the paper you want it should bring up a thing to download it to your files. then you need to set up a account with photo bucket so you can get the code to put into your html so if you want tex nikki get my eamil and i can explain it in detail to you, or you can call me.

~Tara said...

Quel~
I love your "Proud Thayne"!! It cracks me up!

Des said...

What a cute puppy! What healthy teeth! :)

~Tara said...

You know that one dance mom does standing up? That was a new one sitting down!JK!! No, we were talking about the fact that computer screens, when seen in slow motion, blink because they keep updating themselves and so mom wanted me to take a picture of the tv so it could look like that! It's dumb now, but was pretty funny at that time!!

Perry's said...

Wow what a great picture of Boxer he is such a big boy to be so good for you at the doctor. Guess he better have good teeth if his dad is going to be a dentist! :)

Darcie said...

Boxer looks good!! I am glad that he got a clean bill of heath!!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

You puppey is soo cute it kinda makes me want a dog, but then I would have to take care of it and I don't know how well that would work!