We had a great Christmas! The kids woke up about 7:30 and were so excited to go see their presents they didn't want to wait for dad to come upstairs. I got their reactions on video and Mason went right to the stockings to check out the candy and he said that Santa put some candy in the wrong one because he wanted the candy in Brinley's stocking so he switched them! Brinley was pushing her baby and she asked if she made a stinky and Brinley answered with "yeah" and kept asking to open it.
Mason wore the safety glasses all morning!
Chase surprised me with a beautiful picture of Jesus and a gift card to go shopping. I gave Chase a blender, watch and wallet.
Chase also gave me this very thoughtful gift. I'm sure it took a lot of time putting it together. There was a note that said, "You are so difficult to shop for so I had to get creative. I know you don't have many hobbies or time to have some. So every month I planned out a date. Some things I know you have not done before and some are things I enjoyed the most doing with you. Be open and adventurous and we will have fun and maybe you will discover something you really love." Inside each envelope was another note about the date and some had things needed for the date. In January we are going to Cheesecake Factory and shopping and the note said he will even give me his opinion on clothes! I'm so excited for these dates and to do some different things!
At 8:30 Blake, Allison, Tara and Chad came over to open presents. We were all spoiled by my parents. I got a pretty watch and Chase got a golf bag (that he'll pick out in Arizona).
Tara and Chad had Mason open a gift to all the kids and inside was this picture.
We were all so surprised! I couldn't believe Tara is 20 weeks and knew she was having a boy before telling us! We are so happy for them. That's one lucky little boy to have them as parents and I can't wait to meet him!
We then went over to Chase's parents' house for breakfast. It was delicious and we were spoiled some more!
Mason's present was the biggest and he kept trying to sneak behind the tree to open it!
Playing with their new toys. Mason is a good driver and it even squirts water.
Brinley got a bike to ride with Mason.
After the kids took naps we went back over for dinner with Alicia and her family.
Mason loves playing with Grandpa! He's wearing the goggles again! The kids got a game that shoots butterflies and you catch them in a net. Grandpa played so long his knees were hurting from kneeling so he was catching them laying down. What a good Grandpa!
Friday we went to Mona to visit Grandma D. She had Tara buy gifts for the kids. Holding Teagan was the only way to get Brinley to sit still for a picture.
Tucker got this cute hat with a matching outfit. So cute!
On the way home Brinley threw up in the car. Some of the cousins had been sick so we had to cancel getting pictures taken. We were so nervous that we would have a horrible trip back home but luckily that was it. She seemed fine before and after, it was really weird, but we are so thankful no one got sick!
On the way home Brinley threw up in the car. Some of the cousins had been sick so we had to cancel getting pictures taken. We were so nervous that we would have a horrible trip back home but luckily that was it. She seemed fine before and after, it was really weird, but we are so thankful no one got sick!
Saturday we headed for Arizona about 10:00. I forgot again to get a family picture on Christmas but my dad is always good about taking a picture as we leave. We planned on staying over in Las Vegas but the kids were doing so well we drove all the way. We made a few stops and got to our house about 11:00. It's a long day but it actually goes by pretty fast. Our trips to Utah always seem so short but with the busyness of Christmas it seems even shorter. We had so much fun being with our family and appreciate everyone for making it a great Christmas!
















No comments:
Post a Comment