Saturday, December 19, 2015

Utah and Snow

We flew to Utah yesterday but not without a big hiccup.  First of all Mason had a Polar Express day at school and got to wear his pajamas.  It was an early release day and I checked him out at noon.  I grabbed us some lunch on the way to pick up Chase.  Chase was running a little behind so we ended up leaving about 20 minutes later than we planned.  At the airport I had to pay for Boxer to fly with us and got into a line that took forever!  Long story short, when we got to the counter about an hour later, we were told that we were 5 minutes too late to get our bag checked.  We were beyond annoyed and after voicing our frustrations to the manager our only option was for me and the kids to get on our flight and Chase and our bag would take a later flight.  The main reason Chase was flying up was to help out with the kids.
 Luckily they were awesome!  They each had an iPad and passed around treats.  At one point Teagan tried to lay down so Mason folded up her blanket for her lay on him and put his arm around her.  It was really sweet but it didn't last too long.  This picture makes me sad when I look at Brinley.  She was so sick with a high fever a few days ago.  I took her to the doctor and she said it was a virus and to just watch her.  The next day her fever spiked again and she said her ear hurt.  I took to an urgent care and she had a double ear infection and we found out today that she was also positive for strep.  I'm so glad I took her again and that she was on an antibiotic but she still wasn't feeling great.  Poor girl!
 Just before we were descending Teagan got out of her seatbelt and wouldn't listen to Mason and put it back on.  I had Mason switch seats with me so I could help her and he was so good about sitting by a stranger, who was a really nice guy that watched Mason's movie with him.  They are good flyers!

We were supposed to go to dinner for Vicky's birthday at 7 but since Chase didn't make the flight it was pushed back to 8:15.  I picked Chase up from the airport and we hurried there.

Mason couldn't wait to get outside in the snow when he saw Grandma and Grandpa had snow pants and boots for them.  These two got dressed right after breakfast even though we told them it would be warmer later.



Grandpa came out to join in the fun and they went across the street to snow that hadn't melted so much.  Mason told Grandpa he wanted a board to hide behind so Grandpa built this for him.





We went to Grandma and Grandpa Davis' new house for cake and ice cream.


No comments: