Saturday, November 19, 2011

Phoenix Zoo

We had a fun family outing to the zoo today! Again, so weird that we are spending time outside in the middle of November but so nice. I'm not sure if Mason loved the zoo. Every time we tried showing him animals he never seemed to see them and he didn't say anything. He got the most excited to see the random ducks and turtles in a pond we passed. He does love being outside and riding in the stroller so it was still a good time. We packed our lunch and enjoyed the animals!

Mason likes giraffes and he lifts his head and stretches his neck whenever he sees one.

Just riding an oryx, whatever that is. He was a little afraid of it at first because he thought it was real and then he wasn't too sure about being on it.

This poor rhino was under "medical observation." I didn't mean to include the situation in the picture though.

Mason was standing right in front of this puddle and one by one flamingos kept coming to get a drink. He thought it was pretty funny!


He would be a free tortoise if it weren't for that huge shell!

There were different displays and photo opts in this area and Mason went right to the owl.

I tried to get him to sit on its back but he didn't think that sounded fun so he touched his toe!
Nothing can compare to the Columbus zoo but we still had a good time!

2 comments:

~Tara said...

FUN!! Quit rubbing it in that you have the best weather while we are FREEZING!!! I'm SO SO SO jealous.

Darcie said...

I love all the pics of Mason... I am counting down until we can see those babies!!!