Sunday, February 9, 2014

Mason's Primary Talk

Mason gave his first talk today and I couldn't be more proud of him!  Talking in the microphone makes him nervous but I think he's learning it isn't so bad.

I wanted to have pictures to go along with his talk so if he wouldn't say anything, at least he could hold the pictures for me.  He wanted me to sit by him in front of the primary room and he was doing fine until it was his turn.  He hid behind me and I had to drag him on the stool.  The first line was a mumbled whisper but he got better as we went.


This is him "practicing" and he actually remembered a lot of the words.  I wish I had a picture of him at the pulpit but Chase stayed home with Brinley and her runny nose.

The topic for his talk was Heavenly Father Has a Plan for His Children.  This is what we came up with together:

Before I was born, I lived with Heavenly Father.

I came to Earth as a baby to get a body.

He gave me a family to love me and teach me.

I like to go to the park with my family.  We play together.  We pray together.

I love my family, Heavenly Father and Jesus.  If I choose the right I know I can live with them again.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

We showed a picture of him as a baby and one of our family.  Every time we practiced and for the real thing when I whispered "in the name of Jesus Christ," he skipped that part and went straight to Amen!  It was precious to see his big smile when he was done and I told him he did a great job.  As promised, I took him to the park for doing so well!  He says he will do it again when it's his turn!  I love this boy, he's growing up so fast!


1 comment:

~Tara said...

Oh cute!! I'm glad he did it!! He's such a big boy!!