For our monthly fun date we went to a painting class and it was so much fun! I wasn't sure what to expect but it was entertaining with music and everyone talking and even drinking and eating snacks.
They gave us a rough sketch to trace onto our canvas and each was a little different. At first the instructor was very specific and told us how to mix certain colors together and half way through we were feeling pretty confident.
All the sudden it was like the instructor was running out of time and left us on our own for the city/mountain part. We were not happy about that since we needed all the help we could get! It was funny to see that Chase and I were alike when it came to instructions. We kept asking each other, "what did she say to mix?" "What did she say to do now?" We were not like the guy next to us who went ahead and did whatever he felt like. We got the giggles a few times seeing what he did but in the end his turned out pretty good.
Chase's masterpiece. It makes me laugh that he wasn't liking his city so he turned it into a mountain with some black lines! We just needed a little more time.
I'm a little bit bugged that Chase's is better than mine since I took a lot of art classes and he didn't because he was a band geek! I didn't do much painting but I did have a couple of my drawings in the art show in high school!
And the original Starry Night. In our defense we never saw this until after the class and I came home and looked it up. I would love to go painting again!





4 comments:
I'm so impressed with both of you! And I just love this idea.
Such a fun date and I'm very impressed with both of your artistic skills! :)
That seriously looks like so much fun!! On the 3rd pic down of you and Chase, i thought you were wearing a huge cross necklace. It took me a second to realize what it was. HAHA. :)
So fun! You guys are quite the artists!
Post a Comment