Since Brinley tried to change her own diaper there has been a few other occasions when she put her hand in her dirty diaper. I have noticed that she does that from time to time like it's her pocket and it's not such a big deal when it's just wet but when she comes to me to wash her hand, that's what pushed me over the edge. One time in particular she touched Mason's shirt and was playing with Teagan before she told me she needed her diaper changed and her hand washed! I knew the only way to stop her was to potty train her or get a big onesie for her. I would be so frustrated right after these incidents but then a few days would go by before she did it again. I could just keep putting off potty training but I finished reading a book about potty training last night and Mason didn't have preschool this week for spring break so I knew we could stay home and concentrate on Brinley.
I had her throw all her diapers away (just in a bag I put away, just in case) and put on her big girl panties. She was pretty excited and she picked out Disney ones. She had 5 accidents and went in the toilet 3 times. I surprisingly had more patience than I remember having with Mason. She stayed dry during her nap too. The book I read said to keep telling her to tell me when she needs to go to the bathroom instead of asking her over and over. Well, I think Brinley thought I wanted her to repeat me so she would say it right after I reminded her. We went into the bathroom SO MANY times as she cried wolf! Half way through the day I realized I should have waited until the weekend so Chase could be home to help with the other kids. Poor Teagan got put down and left a lot as I ran Brinley to the bathroom. Mason was a good helper but he wanted to be in two places at once. He would give Teagan a toy and run to the bathroom so he could cheer on his sister.
She did pretty good today. Hopefully it will click tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment