Thursday, March 13, 2014

Potty Training Day 2

I think I lost all the patience I had yesterday!  She woke me up at 5:00 crying because she was wet.  When she woke back up a little later she wouldn't go on the toilet even though we tried several times.  She had 2 accidents soon after.  I sent a text to Chase and said I was ready to go back to diapers until he could be home to help.  He gave me a pep talk and we stuck with it.  Brinley was excited about her underwear and had to change into several pairs.  I love when she calls it her "unnieswair!"  After a while I knew she needed to go again so I told her I would give her candy and she immediately peed!  The girl loves candy!  

Around lunch time she kept taking me to the bathroom and not going so again I told her she could have a treat.  Since it was getting close to nap time, she had a melt down when I told her she didn't get her reward.  She started having an accident in the kitchen while crying so I rushed to the toilet and she finished.  Not long after that she was acting funny standing near me and said she needed to go to the bathroom.  As soon as she sat down she went #2!!  I was anticipating that to take awhile and she did it like a champ.  Mason didn't come in the bathroom with us that time so I told her to go tell him what she did.  She ran up to him and said, "I poo poo in the toilet and it was easy!"

She woke up wet from her nap today so I washed her sheets twice today.  Boo!  I didn't do so well getting her to drink lots so the afternoon was uneventful.  Trying to get her to pee before bed was a fight but she finally did.  It didn't seem like much so I was really debating on putting a diaper on her.  I decided to give it at least another night.

Potty training can be so frustrating with the successes immediately followed by the failures but it is so fun to see her excited face when she is so proud of herself!


No comments: