Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tara Visits and Primary Program

Tara came to visit us this weekend and it couldn't have been better timing.  Chase decided to go to Vegas with some friends so I wasn't home alone. It was a girl's weekend with a few kids tagging along!  We had a lot of fun.  We went to the zoo and did some shopping, eating and lots of laughing.  

 At the zoo we found a petting zoo that I've never noticed before.  Mason wasn't sure about brushing the goats so he made Brinley do it first.  

 This little girl loved having someone cuddle her while I got the other kids to sleep.

 Cute girls!

 We went to the park and you have to have a popsicle after.

 We just changed some diapers and didn't wait to get dressed to take a group picture.

 Tara and I can laugh about anything.  One night we stayed up late sending text messages to each other and laughing so hard we cried.  I made Tara laugh with food in her mouth.  That was a good time!

This Sunday was also Mason's first Primary Program.  At one practice he yelled NO to his teacher when she nicely tried to get him to the microphone and then cried.  I didn't think he was going to participate this year. At another practice he started crying as soon as we got in the chapel.  After a while he warmed up and sat with his class.  When it was his turn he stepped up and said his part.  I was so proud of him!!  He was pretty proud too and he said he would do it again at the program on Sunday.  He was so cute singing and he said FAMILIES the best I've ever heard!  They asked the Sunbeams what Jesus gave them that they are thankful for.  It was so cool seeing him overcome something that scared him so bad.  I'm sorry I passed on my fear of public speaking to him but hopefully now he'll see it isn't so bad.

Mason was too hot and Brinley was too interested in a bag of marshmallows!



 A little bright.


We were sad to see Tara leave so good thing we will see her again soon!  Love ya, sister!


1 comment:

~Tara said...

I miss you guys SO much!!! I'm glad it worked out so well! I can't believe you put that picture of me laughing so hard with food all over my teeth. Love you too!!